A small insight into the more than 100-year-old history of the Schusterkrämer Guesthouse:
Referred to in the land register as Schusterkrämer-Häusl in Alm, the hotel came into the possession of the Schwaiger-Jerabek family around 1900. The building used to house a shoemaker's (Schuster) workshop as well as a grocer's (Krämer) shop with a farm, which explains the name of our accommodation. As early as the 1920s, guests from Berlin who arrived by bicycle stayed in our guesthouse. The great-grandmother Maria took over the Schusterkrämer estate as a 12-year-old after the death of her father, and ran the bed and breakfast until 1970. From 1939 to 1969 there was a tailor's workshop here run by Maria's husband, Alois Jerabek. In 1971, the entire building was renovated by the son, Herbert Jerabek. He and his wife Anni continued to expand the business and finally handed over the hotel to us, the Lederer-Frischmuth family, in 2012.
Since October 2012, it has been our mission to continue operating the bed and breakfast with great passion. We are pleased that we still welcome the same regular guests to us year after year while we also attract new holidaymakers to our hotel. We always keep up with the times and try to keep the accommodation up to date. We have already implemented the following innovations:
Construction of a carport. A holiday apartment has been renovated.
Start of the bathroom renovation with the first three bathrooms.
Enlargement of a holiday apartment and renovation of the next three bathrooms.
Façade renovation with full thermal insulation and sandblasting, window replacement, balcony elevation and complete renovation of three double rooms.
The remaining bathrooms were renovated.
This year we improved the security of the building. A new fire alarm system with smoke extraction was installed and fire compartments were created.
The remaining floors were renovated and the first chests were replaced.
We are getting a new staircase railing!